FAMILY REUNION ACTIVITIES FOR ALL AGES
Planning a family reunion? Check out this list of fun family reunion activities for all ages, as well as recommendations on what to look for in booking location for your next Family Reunion.
The game explained as simply as possible Ultimate is played between two teams of seven players on a large rectangular pitch. A line drawn across the pitch at either end creates two “endzones” (like in American Football). These are the goal-scoring areas. A goal is scored when a team completes a pass to a player standing (or more likely running) in the endzone they are attacking. A alltime favorite family reunion activity.
Choose remote family reunion sites, these locations will get you deep into nature. Choose a middle-of-nowhere ranch, with no other homes in sight. The kids love exploring the local area. Look for a Family Reunion site with a lake and canoes and kayaks.
Family reunions are wonderful opportunities to share stories from growing up, as well as to catch up on what everyone has been up to since the last reunions. Tell stories about extended family and ancestors, too. Family stories provide a sense of identity through time and help children understand who they are in the world.
No one wants to cook and wash dishes for 43 people at our family reunions. BUT
- If you are in charge of one meal (with people helping), and that really is not that big of a deal.
- Cooking together is great together time. Set up a schedule of meals that need to be prepared during the week. People sign up to be in charge of meals, and also to help with prep, serving, and clean-up on days when they are not in charge.
Do something silly the whole family can do and laugh at like attempting to rap Dr. Seuss books.
SET UP AN ART TABLE
This is super simple: printer paper, markers, scissors, and tape. The grandkids will have a wonderful time making maps of the place you are staying, as well as drawing dinosaurs and dragons together. The art table creates a great gathering place for people looking for a quieter activity.
Bring a karaoke machine to the reunion, kids of all ages will LOVED it.
ACTIVITIES TO LOOK FOR AT FAMILY REUNION SITES
Here are a few activities you will love having at reunions that may be worth looking for if you are booking a family reunion site:
- A pool, for grandkids to run off energy. We recommend setting up an adult lifeguarding schedule if you pick a place with a pool.
- A pool table– for inclement weather.
- A foosball table– for the same reason.
- Tennis table(or bring along a table top tennis set)
- Chess, Apples to Apples, and other board games your family enjoys.
- A basketball court.
- Canoes and kayaks on a lake.
- Beachfront home
SOME OTHER AMENITIES WE LOOK FOR WHEN WE BOOK FAMILY REUNION SITES:
- A well-stocked kitchen (typically industrial style, for our crowd).
- An accessible laundry room.
- A large space where everyone can spend time together informally.
- Internet access so that people who can’t leave work entirely can check in, and sometimes work remotely.